* This item is not currently in stock, orders will be fulfilled when the item becomes available.
COBALT8 from Modal is a warm and punchy analogue-style synthesizer. A powerful, inspiring instrument which builds on vintage analogue sounds with a new era of virtual-analogue synthesiser textures, far beyond the limits of its analogue ancestors.
On top of the innovative oscillator engine of COBALT8, it has a new morphable 4-Pole Ladder Filter. Combined with Modal’s unparalleled modulation options, an inspiring real-time/step sequencer, an arpeggiator, a premium FATAR 37-note keyboard, MPE, studio-quality effects and MODALapp integration, COBALT8 ideal for everyone who wants a versatile electronic music instrument to play vintage synth sounds with modern appointments.
- Polyphony: True 8 voice polyphonic
- Oscillators: 64 high-resolution virtual-analog oscillators, up to 8 per voice Two independent and self-contained oscillator groups with sine, pulse, triangle, sawtooth waveforms 34 different algorithms including: complex analogue synthesis techniques, built-in cross modulation (SYNC, RM, and many more), PWM, smooth morphing between VA waves, bit crushing, filtered noise
- Filter: Four-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter with Resonance and four switchable configurations Resonance and Balanced Filter Mode
- Modulation: Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions for MOD and FILTER ENVs Three audio-rate LFO’s with tempo sync (two poly, one global) with seven different shapes Eight assignable modulation slots and four additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 12 modulation sources and 55 modulation destinations
- Sequencer and Arpeggiator: Realtime sequencer with 512 notes with polyphonic mode and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
- Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating.
- 100 sequences that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- FX: 100 presets which includes three incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- Controls and Performance: Premium FATAR TP/9S 37-note Keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 29 endless encoders, 24 buttons
- Four-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Multiple keyboard modes (Mono, Poly, Unison 2, Unison 4, Unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4)
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- User Memory: 500 full editable patches and ships with 300 factory programs
- Eight Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches
- Free MODALapp Software editor for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
- MODALplugin to access COBALT8 within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), with VST3 and AU versions available
- Item Number: 16328
- Make: Modal Electronics
- Model: COBALT8
- Condition: Brand New
- Finish: Cobalt Blue
- Categories: keyboards-and-synths ⇒ digital-synths
- Made In: China
- MPN: MO-COBALT8
- UPC: 5060480060395