Named after the original theremin master, Clara Rockmore, The Claravox Centennial from Moog is an elite performance theremin, featuring the highest quality control and sound available in a theremin. Offering traditional 100% analogue theremin operation and expanded modern performance, as well as preset storage, an onboard analogue delay and more, Claravox Centennial is an extraordinary instrument with extensive features for creative expression. Claravox Centennial is is only available for a limited time, designed in celebration of the 100 year anniversary of the first demonstration of the theremin by Leon Theremin.
Select between classic heterodyne oscillators for a genuine analogue theremin experience and versatile wavetable generators with assignable scales, quantisation, octave ranges, and response curves. An analogue wave-shaping circuit (derived from the legendary Etherwave Pro) imbues ethereal sonic character and empowers rich sound sculpting possibilities, and the on- board analogue BBD delay creates a wash of spiralling echoes and resounding warmth. DIN MIDI, USB, and CV inputs and outputs allow Claravox Centennial to be used in tight integration with DAWs, or as a creative controller for the dynamic and responsive command of external sound sources. Front-panel preset storage provides instant recall of your favourite sounds and settings, while the free Claravox Centennial software stores your entire preset library and indulges control of a host of under-the-hood features, unlocking an expanse of sonic capabilities.
- Pitch Range: 5 octaves (Traditional Mode), 4-7 octaves (Modern Mode)
Sound Sources: Analogue Heterodyning Oscillator (Traditional Mode), Dual DCO/Wavetable Generator (Modern Mode) fed through Analogue Waveshaping Circuit
Controls: Theremin Controllers: Pitch and Volume, Waveshaper: Brightness, Wave, Filter, Switches for Mode and Mute, Analogue Delay: Delay Amount, Delay Feedback, and Delay Time, Timbre: Timbre Select, Timbre Store. MODERN Mode only: Octave Range, Quantise Amount, Root/Scale Select, Pitch and Volume Response Curve
- Effects: Analogue BBD Delay
- Preset storage: Yes
- Audio Outputs: 1 x ¼" (Main Out) , 1 x ¼" (Headphones), 1 x ¼" (Tuner Out)
- CV I/O: 2 x ¼” CV outputs, 2 x ¼” CV Inputs
- MIDI: In, Out, USB
- Materials: Brass Antenna, Walnut Wood Cabinet, Cloth-bound control panelling
- Power Source: DC power supply
- Mounting Options: Optional Moog Theremin Stand or Standard low-profile Mic Stand
What's in the box.
- Claravox Centennial Theremin
- Detachable Wooden Pitch Arm
- Detachable Pitch Antennae
- Detachable Volume Antennae
- Power Supply
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Owner’s Manual
- Product Catalogue
- Registration Card
Stand available separately. Left-handed model also available by special order.
Preorder now for January arrival.
- Item Number: 16240
- Make: Moog
- Model: Claravox Centennial
- Condition: Brand New
- Finish: Cream
- Categories: keyboards-and-synths ⇒ analog-synths
- Made In: United States
- MPN: MOO-CLARA
- UPC: 040232359057