Veils is a four channel VCA capable of adjusting response curves and offset controls for each channel. Veils’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels to be mixed together.
- Compact footprint (10-HP), with sliders for the main gain/CV control.
- Gain indicator LED.
- Positive offset control (0 to 8V) for direct use of bipolar modulation sources.
If you're unfamiliar with some integral functions of a VCA here is a list from M.I. describing said functions!
- Shaping the amplitude or timbre of a tone with an envelope.
- Animating a mixture of several oscillators.
- Controlling the amount of filter modulation with a random source or a touch controller.
- Applying an envelope on the linear FM signal hitting an oscillator.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
- Large gains above +20dB (sufficient for amplifying line-level signals) achievable in exponential mode.
- Offset control adding an adjustable voltage from 0 to 8V to the gain CV.
- Item Number: 16134
- Make: Mutable Instruments
- Model: Veils
- Condition: Brand New
- Finish: Silver
- Categories: keyboards-and-synths ⇒ eurorack
- Made In: France
- MPN: MI-VEILS