The A-111-5 is a monophonic analog synthesiser voice in one module. With all the features of a Dark Energy but in Eurorack format. This makes it the perfect foray into the Eurorack world for those who want a solid starting point in subtractive synthesis, with room to expand their system, and plenty of CV capabilities.
A few cool things to note:
- As the LFO frequencies can go up to moderate audio range (~ 5kHz) even audio FM effects of VCO (pitch and pulsewidth), VCF and ADSR are possible.
- If the VCO is turned off (waveform switch = center position, pulsewidth control = fully CCW) and the VCF resonance is set to maximum the module can be used as a sine oscillator. The sine can be modulated in a linear manner from the triangle wave of the VCO and by LFO2 in an exponential manner at the same time.
- from the factory the socket labelled "LFO1" outputs the inverted LFO1 signal. But as the module has several internal pin headers available even another signal may appear at this socket by changing the internal module patch. These six pin headers are available: LFO1 output, LFO2 output, ADSR output, inverter input, inverter output, output socket. The internal default patch is LFO1 -> inverter input, inverter output -> output socket (i.e. socket = inverted LFO1). But even another signal can be patched to this socket (e.g. inverted ADSR, non-inverted LFO1, inverted or non-inverted LFO2). It is also possible to add a blind panel next to the A-111-5 with a couple of sockets that are connected to the corresponding pins of the A-111-5 pc board. The in- and outputs of the VCO, VCF and VCA are not available as pin headers because the VCO, VCF and VCA are internally connected in the circuit which is used in this module.
- Item Number: 15531
- Make: Doepfer
- Model: A-111-5 Synthesizer Voice
- Condition: Brand New
- Finish: Silver
- Categories: keyboards-and-synths ⇒ eurorack
- Made In: Germany
- MPN: A-111-5
- EAN: 4250711111014