* This item is not currently in stock, orders will be fulfilled when the item becomes available.
This discrete 10HP VCA circuit from ACL is unlike any common or classical design, using an entirely different principle.
This VCA circuit enables excellent technical properties such as;
- Very low harmonic distortion in the whole linear gain range
- No crossover-distortion due to class-A operating mode
- No overshooting and ringing due to no use of global feedback for operating point stabilisation and linearisation, only local feedback used
- Low CV-feedtrough due to a very good common-mode rejection
- High „offness“, so no audio-feedtrough from the input to the output
- High dynamic range, not completely used, to provide some headroom
- High bandwidth, completely DC-coupled signal path.
Besides the two individual audio outputs from each VCA, there is also a mix of the output signals of VCA 1 and VCA 2 and of the signal coming from the Aux-input. The Aux-Input adds an external audio signal to the Sum at unity gain. For each VCA there is a manual control knob for the gain as well as a Control-CV input. The Audio and the Control-CV input of VCA 2 is normalled (normalised) to the corresponding input of VCA 1, so if no cable is inserted in CV or/and audio input of VCA2, the CV and/or audio signals at the CV and/or audio input of VCA 1 will be copied to VCA 2. It becomes very easy to create functions like VC Crossfader and VC Stereo-Panorama, VC FX send, VC Mixer or you can just use both VCA´s individually.
- Item Number: 12411
- Make: ACL
- Model: VC Dual Amp
- Condition: Brand New
- Finish: Grey
- Categories: keyboards-and-synths ⇒ eurorack
- Made In: Germany
- MPN: ACLVCDA