TERRA is the manifestation of Soma Laboratory’s dream of a future where technology is more harmonious with nature; where machines can be an extension of the human spirit. It stands alone somewhere between art and science.
Behind each unit's unique timber exterior and deceptively simple interface lies a complex microtonal, polyphonic synthesiser. Inside it are 32 factory coded synth algorithms designed to respond to pressure-sensitive timbre and note sensors. The user has access to a broad range of tones, from familiar synthesis to complex atonal noise. The themes of innovation and harmony with nature are reinforced by the highly conceptual keyboard design encouraging new performance techniques: 12 velocity and pressure sensitive sensors allow for the manual creation of vibrato and slow attack while four dynamic sensors encourage timbre modification and control.
Human and machine become one with the three-axis motion sensor within, allowing the user the ability to modulate the signal with only the movements of their hands and body.
If all of this seems a little too conceptual, it also includes 96 fully customisable plug and play pre-sets.
- 12-Voice polyphonic
- 12 Dynamic metal note sensors, velocity-sensitive and with aftertouch
- 4 Dynamic metal sensors for controlling various sound parameters
- Additional touch sensors for transposing the keyboard in octaves and semitones
- Freezing of the current sound parameters and notes and for tuning the keyboard
- Individually programmable microtonal tuning of the keyboard
- 32 Different synthesis algorithms, including polyphonic synth sounds, acoustic modelling, singing bowls, bells, basses, solo lead sounds, drums, percussion and experimental algorithms
- 8 Controls for synthesis parameters, volume and effects section
- Additional touch sensors for selecting presets, global settings and editing further synthesis parameters
- Built-in gyroscope for vibrato and further expression possibilities
- Effects section with selectable reverb or echo mode
- Memory for 96 presets
- MIDI controller mode incl. MPE support
- 2x Line output: 6.3 mm jack
- Stereo headphone output: 6.3 mm jack
- MIDI in/out (5-pin DIN)
- USB-A port for flash drive
- Solid housing made of dark-stained oak wood, clear lacquer finish
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 405 x 365 x 57 mm
- Weight: 2.2 kg
- Item Number: 14803
- Make: Soma Laboratory
- Model: Terra - Dark Stain
- Condition: Brand New
- Finish: Stained Natural Oak
- Categories: keyboards-and-synths ⇒ digital-synths
- Made In: Poland
- MPN: SOM-TERDRK
- EAN: 5905529164231