The Kenton MIDI USB Host mk3 allows your USB device to run without requiring a computer, providing MIDI In & Out sockets for USB MIDI keyboards and controllers which have only a USB B type socket. Used with a USB-Solo, it allows the USB-Solo to be used in a standard MIDI setup, just like a Pro-Solo. It has a USB Host port (USB A type socket), a MIDI In and a MIDI Out (both 5 pin DIN).
In addition to the standard operating mode, there are now two further modes;
Standard mode (LED Green):
MIDI data received at the MIDI In socket is sent to the USB device and MID data from the USB device is sent to the MIDI Out socket.
Merge 1 mode (LED Amber):
MIDI IN does not go to USB device but instead is merged with MIDI data coming from the USB device which is then sent to the MIDI Out socket.
Merge 2 mode (LED Red):
MIDI IN data is sent to the USB device & is also merged with MIDI data from the USB device which is then sent to the MIDI Out socket.
The modes are selected sequentially by pressing the recessed push button. The LED colour indicating which mode is current.
The attached USB MIDI device MUST be ‘Class Compliant’.
The MIDI USB HOST is powered by a regulated 5V mains adaptor, and can supply up to 1 Amp of buss power to the attached USB device.
- Dimensions: 110mm x 55mm x 32mm
- Power: 90mA, USB mini-B socket – leaving 910 mA available for the attached USB device
- Dimensions: 110 x 55 x 32 mm
- Weight: 100g (excluding power supply)
- MIDI: 1x IN, 1x OUT – both 5 pin DIN
- Power Supply: 5V DC / 1 Amp regulated – (never use an unregulated supply as unregulated supplies typically give a higher output voltage than shown).
- This product is supplied with a multi-region power supply which is suitable for use in the UK, EU, US/Canada and AUS/NZ.
Please refer to the manual for more details.
- Item Number: 20508
- Make: Kenton
- Model: MIDI USB Host mk3
- Condition: Brand New
- Finish: Silver
- Categories: keyboards-and-synths ⇒ controllers
- Made In: United Kingdom
- MPN: KTmuh 4